2019 Filipa Pato 'Dinamico' Bical e Arinto

2019 Filipa Pato 'Dinamico' Bical e Arinto

Regular price $21

Region: Bairrada < Portugal

Grapes: Bical, Arinto

Vineyard/Cellar Stats: Certified biodynamic farming, 30-year-old vines planted on calcareous clay soils; 10% of the juice ferments in 500L casks, the other 90% is fermented in tank. Final blend and bottling in spring after 5-6 months’ aging; minimal So2; 12% ABV 

Winemaker: Filipa Pato

Filipa Pato, daughter of Portugal’s wine Jedi Master Luis Pato, worked alongside her dad for years, then channeled that experience towards making incredible, honest wines of her own. And judging by how fast we drained this bottle, it seems the force is very strong with this one. Her slogan is “without make-up”, because the goal is to make wine that is honest, true and without all the tricks and additives available in modern winemaking.

Like this racy, salty white, made from a blend of coastal Bairrada’s traditional white (and high acid) varietals for a clean expression of the vineyards' strong Adriatic influence. Bright and perky, with green apple, so orange and pear, against a backdrop of steely minerals and an iodine aftertaste finishing on a lingering lemony acidity.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required