Skip to product information
1 of 1

NV Guy de Forez Brut Rosé Champagne

NV Guy de Forez Brut Rosé Champagne

Price: $48

Region: Aube < Champagne < France  
Grapes: Pinot Noir, Chardonnay
Vineyard/Cellar Stats: Organic farming, Terra Vitis ecological certification; Portlandian and Kimmeridgian limestone soils; 70% of the Pinot sees a 2-day semi-carbonic maceration while remaining 30% is direct press; aged in stainless steel with 11 grams per liter of dosage; low added SO2 at bottling; 100% of the fruit from the near-perfect 2010 vintage
Winemaker: Sylvie and Francis Wenner

Our current Champagne crush is the small grower-producer Guy de Forez, in the village of Riceys in the Aube (one of the five main regions of Champagne), just a few kilometers from the border of Burgundy. Sylvie and Francis Wenner are the third generation to run the family estate, with vineyards that Sylvie’s grandfather planted back in the 50’s.  They were one of the first wineries in the region to champion sustainability and farming without chemicals, and have taken it a step further, working as advocates for the government’s Ecophyto plan to reduce chemicals in farming practices throughout France.   We discovered Guy de Forez while hunting for a great organic grower Champagne (that didn’t break the bank) for the holidays, and fell hard for their NV Brut (which we featured in December).  Now we’ve met her big sister, the vibrant pink Brut Rosé (90 Pinot/10 Chard), and we’re head over heels! It’s decadent and voluptuous, like a big bowl of ripe, juicy strawberries, it’s stickiness balanced by some tart watermelon and citrus, and bright acidity to clean up. So many layers of deliciousness. If any wine could get your Valentine’s game on, THIS IS IT! Not shy, it’s bewitching and seductive, which you become too when you drink it. A magic potion for love and lovers

Regular price $48.00
Regular price Sale price $48.00
Sale Sold out
Shipping calculated at checkout.
View full details